- they want me to work more, while I'm already overpressed
- they will force me to change the way I work, but it's not smth I'm ready to do
and many others, where "they" are usually IT and business managers.
Well, tbh, to track time is also a way to protect your team, because:
- it brings a clear understanding of how much effort your team does to every stakeholder
- it gives additional arguments in discussion about re-prioritization as an evil way to manage software team (just log the real amount of time you've spent on switching between tasks)
- it makes the team able to see the gaps and prioritize technical improvements
No more fears, just give it a try. For example, use Tempo Software's best in class Tempo Timesheets and start making informed decisions today!